Saturday, May 29, 2010

As seen in Canadian Scrapbooker


Hi All!

a while ago i was asked to participate in the cover challenge for the summer issue of Canadian Scrapbooker, unfortunately i didn't make the cover but i did make it as one of the runner-ups.  You can find  my layout on the first page after the table of contents.  sorry i would give you the exact page numbers but i haven't gotten my free copy yet and my subscription just ran out.

so here's the layout i made for the cover.

materials:
cs: bazzill, doodlebug
pp: Jillibean Soup
ribbon: Maya Road
stamp: Stamping Bella
ink: Memento, copic (R59 on letter stickers to darken them), glimmer mist (lime and denim), zig marker
letters: Doodlebug, Rose Moka
other: Fiskars upper crest punch, Martha Stewart butterfly punch

isn't this little guy cute!

I also have two other layouts that were published in this issue... much older ones but i guess they were what they were looking for.























this was for a call for pictures with different views. It was also made while i was on the Just Cre8 DT with i believe the april or the may kit in 2008, don't remember the exact month.





















And this is one of my favorites.  I never thought it would get picked up because there's not much work involved in making it, but the picture is just stunning, isn't it?  my hubby took it with his underwater camera when he went cenote diving in Playa Del Carmen, are you wondering where i was?  well i was back at the dive shop getting my certification, too bad i haven't had a chance to go diving since... hopefully soon.

oh yeah i almost forgot to tell you.... i was asked to try out for the fall cover challenge and they picked my layout to be published, i don't know yet if it's gonna be for the cover or as a finalist so i guess we'll have to wait and see. cross your fingers x x

updated: If you have this issue in your hands, you can see my layout on page 8,33 and 109! Three of my super talented friends are also in this issue: JJ (p.130), Erin (p.34) and Claude (p.45).


thanks for stopping by!
Bella


5 comments:

KanataNewf said...

Congratulations Bella! All three layouts are beautiful.

MelB said...

Your los are awesome!!! Congrats on the pubs!

Anonymous said...

I really hope to see more work like this from you. Your points are clear and precise. I will definitely be coming back for more.

Anonymous said...

Wow, great blog article.Really looking forward to read more. Cool.

Anonymous said...

Im thankful for the blog. Want more.